Have you ever stopped doing something that you wanted to do because you thought you couldn't succeed at it?

If you couldn't tell from that very heavy-handed opening question, that's where I was at with this blog.

When I started blogging, I was inspired by the awesome, creative women who had been able to carve out a unique space for themselves and make their blogs their careers.  I thought that I would be able todo that, and have a career on my own terms, where I called my own hours and wrote about what I wanted (and of course, had stellar outfits/impecably dressed children/IG content for days.)

And when all that didn't happen in the time frame that I thought it should, I kind of gave up.  Real life got in the way.

I've graduated from college. Caleb and I celebrated our first anniversary and bought a house.  We both work full-time, and work hard.

Whenever we have a spare moment, we're hanging out with friends or traveling or creating. And that didn't leave a whole lot of time for blogging.

I've been meaning to come back to it for a while now, but I was kind of scared too, which doesn't make sense. I feel like you guys expect a certain something, and I don't want to disappoint anyone.

But, I'm going to start updating this space again, albeit differently. There will still be crafts, but this space will be more for rambling (I know y'all are excited about that), some fashion stuff, documenting our travels.  I'm excited about starting to write again and work on something consistently.

So I hope that you enjoy the new direction.  And to those who have text/emailed/continued to check this blog fairly regularly, I love you.  And thank you for encouraging me.


One Comment

  1. I'm very happy you're back because your writing style is awesome and I enjoy hearing your perspective on things. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!