1. Coach Poppy. I am one of those people who swallows advertising whole. That's probably why I love perfume so much - perfume ads make it seem like once you find the right scent, you will instantly become sophisticated and unforgettable.
Still waiting on that, but I did find my signature scent, after 22 years of searching.  My lovely bridesmaids bought it for my wedding day, and I can't get enough.  Perfume shopping is hard because everyone's body chemistry reacts differently with perfume, but this smells really nice on me and stays all day.
get some here


2. Lemonade. Who doesn't love lemonade in the summer? Especially homemade - there's nothing better, I'll drink it til I bust.  I'm experimenting with making my own and adding flavors like apple and clove to bring it into fall - once I figure something out, I'll post my recipe!
for now, here's a recipe from giverecipe for fresh lemonade :)


3. Lana Del Rey. I had listened to some of Born to Die back when it first came out and I liked it alright, but I recently bought the whole album and have been listening to it nonstop.  It's so different from most other music that's out there today, and I love it.  Also Lana's look is perfect - I painted my nails red once my wedding manicure wore off because of a lyric in "Off to the Races", my favorite track on the album.  I used to not like red on me, but now I'm digging it.



4. Roller coasters.  Something about summer screams for roller coasters (no pun intended.) From Dollywood to the carnival we went to last weekend, the rush of riding a roller coaster is hard to beat.  When I was younger I was a huge fraidy cat and refused to ride them, but I have more than made up for it since then!


5. The Pure Trilogy. I picked this up on a BAM run because I needed something to read on the way to Florida, and I ended up liking it much more than I thought I would.  The second book, Fuse, comes out later this year, and I plan to pick it up as soon as it hits shelves.  If you like post-apocalyptic sci fi like The Passage or The Hunger Games, you'll love this series.


Leave a Reply

Thanks for reading!