I meant to make sun tea all summer long, and since my summer ends today (sob), I made some this last week as a sort of last hurrah.
It turned out delicious!
Sun tea is fun because a) it looks really pretty on your stoop while its steeping and b) you can put whatever the heck you want in there.  You can make it all year long (except in freezing temperatures, that probably isn't the best idea), but it seems summery to me.



For this batch I used two bags of peppermint tea, a tablespoon of honey, and cut up strawberries. I put all the ingredients in a jar and left it on the porch in direct sunlight for about 4 hours.



This was a perfect refreshing drink when I wanted something a little jazzier than water without tons of added sugar.  Tell me what different combinations you try!





One Comment

  1. I'm a big time every day tea drinker and yet I've never heard of sun tea. I'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!