I went to the gym for the first time in a long time the other day.  I just ran intervals for 20 minutes and spent maybe five minutes in the weight room, but I felt it.  I'm sore today.  And I realize how much I missed it.

I kinda let things get out of hand this winter.  I pretty much ate exactly what I wanted to whenever I wanted to, and while that sounds awesome, it let to uncomfortably tight jeans and pretty much just feeling uncomfortable in my skin.

I wanna start being healthy again.  Not even really because I want to lose weight, although the ring of chub around my middle when I caught sight of myself in the full length mirror yesterday kind of horrified me, but because it makes me feel better about myself.  I bought some veggies and for the past couple of days I've been doing really well about eating healthier.  It's certainly not an overnight thing, but it's improving.

I've learned that eating healthy is a slippery slope for me.  One cookie turns into five really quickly.  If I eat a healthy breakfast, I'm more likely to make healthier choices throughout the day. I guess I just really need to start noticing these things about myself and actually doing something about them.  I have issues saying no to sugar, so I need to quit it cold turkey for a few days.  I should make an effort to prepare healthy breakfasts and lunches as well as dinner. I shouldn't skip meals because it makes me inhale supersized fries later on.

Right now I'm planning on going to the gym on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, but I understand that I probably won't get all three days every week, and that's ok, and it's not a reason to quit.  I can be a very all or nothing type person, and that attitude doesn't really fly with fitness.

So here's to being healthier this year, and sticking to it.


Leave a Reply

Thanks for reading!