I am not one of those people who is ok with uncertainty.  I'm a planner.  I make lists, I write everything down, I like to know exactly what to expect from any given situation.  Which isn't so great, since life doesn't work that way.

Lately, there have bee a lot of things that I am uncertain about.  The job hunt is brutal, and the fear that I may not be able to find something by graduation keeps me awake more nights that I care to admit.  Caleb and I are praying about mission trips this summer - we know that we want to go, but finances are an issue.  We're learning to trust that the Lord will provide, and where He calls a way will be made.


I'm learning to trust my gut.  If something gives me a bad vibe, I don't entertain it.  I put more stock in  feelings of peace vs. feelings of anxiety dichotomy when I'm making a decision.  I've always been someone who has visceral reactions to things, and I think that this is one of the way God communicates with me. I'm learning to cut out the things that make me anxious and to synthesize that energy into something positive.

There's a verse I've been running over and over in my head. Psalm 27:14 -"Wait for the Lord. Be strong and take heart, and wait for the Lord."  The waiting is hard.  I'm not really ok with it yet.  But I'm getting there.


Leave a Reply

Thanks for reading!