It seems that most of my cooking adventures that actually succeed are accidents.
Take these cookies, for example.
I meant to make sea salt chocolate chip cookies from this recipe.
I didn't necessarily want to add peanut butter, so I subbed in a cup of chocolate pudding.  And I didn't have butter, so I subbed apple sauce.
But the most interesting sub of all was that I didn't have a cookie sheet, so I cooked them in a skillet.


They actually turned out delicious, though they aren't the prettiest things in the world.

What you need:
1.5 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
.5 cups apple sauce
1 cup chocolate pudding
sea salt (sprinkle it in to taste)
.3 cups granulated sugar
coconut oil
1 tbs greek yogurt
as many chocolate chips as you can stuff in there

Mix all your dry ingredients and set aside.  Mix pudding, apple sauce, and yogurt and add dry ingredients slowly, mixing thoroughly together - the texture of the dough is going to be kinda fluffy and sticky. Heat up a skillet and use coconut oil to grease the bottom and cook like you would pancakes - flip it over more often than you think you should so that the bottom doesn't get burned.  I flipped these about 3 times a cookie, just to make sure it cooked mostly through.
These are basically cookie pancakes, and they are yumm-o.  They'll probably be a little doughy in the middle, but I like my cookies that way, so I'm cool with it :)

yum!




Leave a Reply

Thanks for reading!